Our cartoonist Bob Rich captures the tenor on Wall Street every weekday in Hedgeye's widely-acclaimed Cartoon of the Day. Below are his five latest cartoons. We hope you enjoy his humor and wit as filtered through Hedgeye's market insights. (Click here to receive our daily cartoon for free.)
1. Happy Halloween (10/28/2016)
Third quarter GDP growth came in at 2.9% on a quarter-over-quarter basis. That just scratches the surface. Beneath the headline figure all is not well.
- The consumption component was nearly cut in half from 2.88% reported in the second quarter to 1.47% today.
- Meanwhile, year-over-year GDP growth was 1.5%, continuing its consistent downtrend from 3.3% in March 2015.
2. SELL EARTH (10/27/2016)
This one speaks for itself.
3. FALL (10/26/2016)
Earnings season hasn't been what the bulls had hoped for...
4. FED FORECASTING (10/25/2016)
"The Fed's forecast is wrong 70% of the time - they are the new market risk," writes Hedgeye CEO Keith McCullough.
5. TRUMP OR CLINTON? (10/24/2016)
Investors are struggling to understand the market implications from this contentious election. We certainly are. So we invited our thoughtful, deep bench of Washington policy analysts to shed some light on the subject in a special HedgeyeTV video, “Clinton vs. Trump: How Election 2016 Will Impact Financial Markets.”
Click here to receive our daily cartoon for free.