Skittish investors are grappling to understand the market implications from this contentious election. We certainly are. So we invited our thoughtful, deep bench of Washington policy analysts to shed some light on the subject in this special, “Clinton vs. Trump: How Election 2016 Will Impact Financial Markets.”
Each analyst sat down with Hedgeye CEO Keith McCullough to distill the key implications for their sector.
We cover the investing waterfront—including the consequences of America’s fractured political landscape, big demographic headwinds, Obamacare’s future, the defense budget, net neutrality, Supreme Court, Iran deal and much more.
One disconcerting takeaway: As bitter and polarizing as this presidential race has been, it may get even worse after the election according to Hedgeye Demography Sector Head Neil Howe.
Here are the sections broken down by each analyst (click the links on the analyst's names below to watch their individual segment).
- JT Taylor: A Category 5 Catastrophe Scenario for Republicans
- Neil Howe: Crash? Civil War? How This Election Fits Into Cycles of History
- LtGen Emo Gardner: The Defense Budget Outlook, Winners & Losers
- Paul Glenchur: Silicon Valley vs. Network Providers (Who Wins, Who Loses)
- Emily Evans: Repeal of Obamacare? Unlikely
- Joe McMonigle: Iran Nuclear Deal, Keystone Pipeline & Clean Power Policy
This is thoughtful, must-see TV for investors trying to understand likely outcomes, looming policy risks and related portfolio implications.