Hedgeye Gaming, Lodging & Leisure analyst Todd Jordan shares three key conclusions from Hilton's earnings report and why it remains on the Best Ideas list as a short.
"This is a professional and national embarrassment," writes Hedgeye CEO Keith McCullough.
the macro show
what smart investors watch to win
Hosted by Hedgeye CEO Keith McCullough at 9:00am ET, this special online broadcast offers smart investors and traders of all stripes the sharpest insights and clearest market analysis available on Wall Street.
In this brief excerpt from The Macro Show this morning, Hedgeye Gaming, Lodging & Leisure analyst Todd Jordan explains why he likes Las Vegas Sands (LVS).
Takeaway: Hedgeye Internet & Media analyst Hesham Shaaban shares three key conclusions from Twitter's worse-than-expected earnings report.
Takeaway: Aggregate S&P 500 sales and earnings growth for the second quarter are +0.6% and -4.2% respectively.
Remember the Old Wall consensus narrative that "earnings have bottomed"?
The key callouts:
- A total of 182 of 500 companies have reported aggregate S&P 500 year-over-year sales and earnings growth for the second quarter of +0.6% and -4.2% respectively;
- 4 of 10 S&P sectors reported negative year-over-year earnings so far;
- Energy sales and earnings growth, -22.6% and -78.7% respectively;
- Information Technology sales and earnings growth, -4.3% and -12.1% respectively;
- Financials sales and earnings growth, -0.5% and -4.5% respectively;
Get The Macro Show and the Early Look now for only $29.95/month – a savings of 57% – with the Hedgeye Student Discount! In addition to those daily macro insights, you'll receive exclusive content tailor-made to augment what you learn in the classroom. Must be a current college or university student to qualify.