Hedgeye Gaming, Lodging & Leisure analyst Todd Jordan shares three key conclusions from Hilton's earnings report and why it remains on the Best Ideas list as a short.
"This is a professional and national embarrassment," writes Hedgeye CEO Keith McCullough.
In this brief excerpt from The Macro Show this morning, Hedgeye Gaming, Lodging & Leisure analyst Todd Jordan explains why he likes Las Vegas Sands (LVS).
Takeaway: Hedgeye Internet & Media analyst Hesham Shaaban shares three key conclusions from Twitter's worse-than-expected earnings report.
Takeaway: Aggregate S&P 500 sales and earnings growth for the second quarter are +0.6% and -4.2% respectively.
Remember the Old Wall consensus narrative that "earnings have bottomed"?
The key callouts:
- A total of 182 of 500 companies have reported aggregate S&P 500 year-over-year sales and earnings growth for the second quarter of +0.6% and -4.2% respectively;
- 4 of 10 S&P sectors reported negative year-over-year earnings so far;
- Energy sales and earnings growth, -22.6% and -78.7% respectively;
- Information Technology sales and earnings growth, -4.3% and -12.1% respectively;
- Financials sales and earnings growth, -0.5% and -4.5% respectively;
GET THE HEDGEYE MARKET BRIEF FREE
Enter your email address to receive our newsletter of 5 trending market topics. VIEW SAMPLE
By joining our email marketing list you agree to receive marketing emails from Hedgeye. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in one of the emails.