This webcast originally aired on April 6, 2021
Please join us for a discussion and Q&A with Dr. Jamie Rutland, CEO and Medical Director at Rutland Medical Group/West Coast Lung. Hedgeye Health Care Sector Head Tom Tobin moderates this timely discussion, which we expect to cover a number of topics that we all care about for reasons including and beyond the fact that our Position Monitor stocks are levered to a return of in-person care and the general reopening of the economy. Dr. Rutland has been in the trenches, so to speak, caring for COVID-19 patients since the pandemic began and is widely recognized as an expert on the disease, the virus that causes it, treatment options, and the vaccines.
- The recent uptick in COVID-19 cases – variants picking up as a % of total cases, some states faring worse than others, and factors that are working for and against "us" one year after the pandemic started here in the US.
- Vaccination and testing trends – vaccine effectiveness, progress toward herd immunity, etc.
- Outlook for 2H21 and the potential for a return of a “normal” flu/respiratory virus season.
- Practice trends year-to-date and year-over-year, the return of in-person care, the role of telemedicine, and acuity levels.
- Long-COVID/COVID-19-syndrome - risks and expectations.