02/04/15 CMG: Look Past the Near Term Noise
02/05/15 YUM: In Need of a Nudge
Events This Week
Monday, February 9th
- MCD January 2015 Sales and Revenue Release
Tuesday, February 10th
- GTIM earnings call 11:00am EST
Wednesday, February 11th
- CAKE earnings call 5:00pm EST
Thursday, February 12th
- PNRA earnings call 8:30am EST
Friday, February 13th
- RRGB earnings call 10:00am EST
- JACK Annual General Meeting
Chart of the Day
Recent News Flow
- BWLD was downgraded to hold at Miller Tabak with a $193 PT.
Monday, February 2nd
- LOCO announced the addition of Baja Shrimp as a seasonal menu option available through the spring. The new menu items include: Shrimp Mango Tacos, Shrimp Verde Enchiladas, Shrimp & Chicken Avocado Bowl, and Avocado Shrimp Salad.
- PZZA announced it is bringing back a fan favorite, the Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza, available through March 15th.
Tuesday, February 3rd
- BJRI announced the opening of its newest restaurant in Nanuet, New York. The 8,000 square ft. restaurant seats approximately 250 guests.
Wednesday, February 4th
- RUTH announced the opening of its newest restaurant in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Thursday, February 5th
- WEN was upgraded to positive at Susquehanna with a $13 PT.
- KKD announced the termination of its tax asset plan and stock transfer restrictions.
- EAT declared a quarterly dividend of $0.28 per share, payable on March 26, 2015 to shareholders as of March 6th, 2015.
- EAT announced the election of Elaine L. Boltz to its Board of Directors. Boltz is a Senior Vice President at TJX Companies and has previously held positions with The Boston Consulting Group, ANN Inc., and Chico’s FAS, Inc.
Friday, February 6th
- DNKN entered into a $400 million accelerated share repurchase program with Goldman, Sachs & Co. On February 10th, the company will pay Goldman $400 million in cash and will receive ~6,950,000 of the company’s common stock.
The XLY (+4.2%) outperformed the SPX (+3.0%) last week. Both casual dining and quick service stocks, in aggregate, underperformed the XLY.
From a quantitative perspective, the XLY remains bullish on an intermediate-term TREND duration.
Casual Dining Restaurants