10/20/14 Monday Mashup: DRI, EAT and More
10/21/14 CMG: Dip Presents Buying Opportunity
10/21/14 EAT: Earnings Recap
10/23/14 MCD: Millennials Aren't the Problem
Events This Week
Monday, October 27th
- DENN earnings call 4:30pm EST
- BWLD earnings call 5:00pm EST
Tuesday, October 28th
- DIN earnings call 11:00am EST
- KONA earnings call 5:00pm EST
Wednesday, October 29th
- PNRA earnings call 8:30am EST
- IRG earnings call 5:00pm EST
Thursday, October 30th
- SBUX earnings call 5:00pm EST
Chart of the Day
Cheese block prices are up 14.4% YTD and 23.8% YoY.
Recent News Flow
Thursday, October 23rd
- BJRI Wayne L. Jones, Executive VP and Chief Restaurant Operations Officer, announced he will be resigning his position with the company effective November 7, 2014 in order to pursue a new, undisclosed, opportunity in the restaurant industry.
Friday, October 24th
- BWLD was upgraded to buy from hold at Feltl and Company.
The XLY (+3.8%) underperformed the SPX (+4.1%), as both casual dining and quick service stocks, on average, underperformed the XLY.
XLY Quantitative Setup
From a quantitative setup, the sector remains bearish on an intermediate-term TREND duration.
Casual Dining Restaurants
Quick Service Restaurants