On Tuesday June 11th we hosted a conference call titled "Where Does Europe Go From Here?". On the call we highlighted the best investment opportunities in Europe and assessed the overall economy of the region.
- Fundamentals in Europe remain challenged due to structural headwinds and we should expect long-term below-mean growth
- There is no risk to any country leaving the Eurozone or the Euro being disbanded, so another Cyprus flare-up is unlikely
- European bifurcation will remain, with clear winners and losers:
– Fundamentally Bullish: Germany and UK
– Fundamentally Bearish: France, Italy and Spain
- Establishing a fiscal and monetary union will be very challenging
- ECB unlikely to shift policy anytime soon due to continued stress in peripheries
- In the intermediate term, EUR/USD range-bound with a negative bias
To access the replay podcast and accompanying presentation, please click on the following links:
Podcast: CLICK HERE
Presentation: CLICK HERE
As always, if there are any questions please shoot us an email and we’ll be sure to get back to you with a reply.
Thank you for being a client; we are grateful for your support.
The Hedgeye Macro Team