On Monday, October 29th at 1:00pm EST, the Hedgeye Macro Team and Restaurants Team will be hosting a Agricultural and Consumer Economics Expert Call with Professor Darrel Good of the University of Illinois. Good has been part of the faculty since 1976 and took part in developing a comprehensive farm risk management website (www.farmdoc.uiuc.edu). His efforts are now focused on the performance of grain futures contracts as well as corn and soybean yield trends. This call will be instructive for investors focused on the following names within restaurants and food processing:
Restaurant Tickers: DRI, BLMN, TXRH, WEN, JACK, MCD, PNRA, PZZA, DPZ, YUM, CAKE, EAT & CMG
Food Processing Tickers: TSN, SAFM, SFD, HRL, PPC, CAG, DF & MON
Topics will include:
- Supply side - planting intentions and farmer's economics
- Demand side - key drivers of demand - ethanol, protein, consumption (domestic and abroad)
- General long term trends to think about for farming - utilization, fertilizers, seed evolution
- Thoughts on USDA projections, and their historical accuracy and what the implications are now
- View on supply, demand, key drivers and prices for:
Please contact if you would like to trial our research or obtain access to this conference call. Current subscribers of our Macro and/or Restaurant verticals will receive the dial-in information automatically.
Darrel Good has a comprehensive understanding of the agricultural markets and economic implications. "There was a time period in the early seventies when grain markets changed dramatically," said Good. "Russia started importing grain, prices just exploded to the upside and there was renewed interest in markets and prices. I was hired to help develop a very extensive educational program in marketing and risk management."
- Professor in the department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics, is marking his 33rd year with the University of Illinois
- Good and two other faculty members developed a seminar called "Price Forecasting and Sales Management"
- One of the founding members of the farmdoc team
- He writes one of the featured newsletters on the farmdoc site, Weekly OUTLOOK , and he is a primary contributor to the AgMAS section
- Current research includes:
- Evaluation of the pricing performance of agricultural market advisory services
- Evaluation of USDA production and price forecasts
- Evaluation of pricing performance of Illinois corn and soybean producers