Notable news items and price action over the past twenty-four hours.
- MRT share prices gained 11.8% on accelerating volume following news that the company is for sale.
- PEET also gained on accelerating volume as headlines continue to point to a possible acquisition of the company by Starbucks.
- MCD named Cyril Pamaphosa as developmental licensee for South Africa and will be responsible for the operation of McDonald’s restaurants in South Africa, according to a statement from the company.
- PZZA, SBUX, MCD, and WEN all declined on accelerating volume.
- Corn and wheat climbed for the first time in three days on signs that a price slump prompted by the tragic events in Japan is spurring demand from importers.