On Tuesday, March 10th our Health Policy Team hosted a very interesting conference call with Dennis Grimaud, the Co-Founder and former CEO of DIATHERIX Laboratories. DIATHERIX, which has been acquired by Eurofins, is a leader in the development of diagnostic tools to aid in the identification and treatment of viral disease including H1N1 and a host of coronavirus.
CLICK HERE to listen.
Dennis, Healthcare analyst Tom Tobin, and Health policy analyst Emily Evans discussed those topics which have been top of mind as investors try and assess the impact of COVID-19 testing, diagnosis and treatment, including:
- What may have gone wrong in China and how that impacted mortality rates
- Mis-steps by U.S. in containment and the implications for the spread of disease
- At-risk populations and complications that may give rise to hospitalizations or not.
- Rate if Change in Testing v Rate of Change in Disease Spread
- Regional hotspots or national impact