Since way too many market participants and pundits don’t think about market prices in volatility terms, in today’s Chart of the Day we show you what our team is measuring and mapping every day – Global Equity Volatility Indices.
If you look at equity volatility in context, here’s how it looks on a 5-year percentile basis:
- SP500 front month VIX = 10.22 = 2.6% 5yr percentile
- Nasdaq front month VXN = 12.51 = 5.2% 5yr percentile
- Russell 2000 front month RVX = 11.83 = 0.0% 5yr percentile
- Emerging Markets VXEEM = 13.93 = 0.6% 5yr percentile
- EuroStoxx50 V2X Index = 12.16 = 0.2% 5yr percentile