Editor's Note: Below is a brief excerpt and chart from today's Early Look written by Hedgeye CEO Keith McCullough. Click here to learn more.
"... Here’s what’s going on this morning in global equity markets:
- Russell 2000 closed down another -1.2% yesterday, taking its crash to -23.2% vs. its July 2015 peak
- Russell 3000 (98% of US listed stocks) now has an average peak/trough crash (per stock) of -35%
- Japan’s Nikkei moved into crash mode overnight, dropping -3.7% (deflation of -21.2% vs. its July 2015 peak)
- Singapore’s stock market dropped another -3% overnight, taking its crash to -27.4% since its April 2015 peak
- Germany’s DAX is down another -2.7% this am, taking its crash to -24.2% since its April 2015 peak"