01/15/15 Select Long/Short Updates
Events This Week
Tuesday, January 20th
- Jefferies Winter Consumer Summit: ZOES, NDLS, LOCO
Wednesday, January 21st
- Jefferies Winter Consumer Summit: BJRI, RUTH, FRSH, CHUY
Thursday, January 22nd
- SBUX earnings call 5:00pm EST
Friday, January 23rd
- MCD earnings call 11:00am EST
Chart of the Day
Recent News Flow
Monday, January 12th
- DNKN announced that in 2014 its franchisees open up 422 net new Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins units and guided to 410-440 net new units in 2015.
- KKD reaffirmed FY15 adjusted EPS of $0.69-0.74 and guided to FY16 adjusted EPS of $0.79-0.85, below the $0.86 the street was looking for.
- CHUY released preliminary fourth quarter results, announcing that same-store sales increased 3.8% during the period. The company also reaffirmed its 2014 diluted EPS guidance range of $0.67-0.69, implying $0.12-0.14 diluted EPS in 4Q14.
- PLKI released preliminary FY14 results which included 6.2% global same-store sales growth, 201 global new restaurant openings, and 148 global net restaurants. They also announced that global same-store sales grew 9.8% in the fourth quarter.
- JMBA announced that it is deploying software from ArrowStream, a leading SaaS provider for food service supply chains to optimize the company's spend programs and partnerships. The relationship between the two is expected to enhance and simplify Jamba Juice's supply chain processes and result in cost savings.
- TXRH CFO Price Cooper resigned to become CFO at Krispy Kreme.
Tuesday, January 13th
- FRGI promoted IT veteran Ryan Nowlin to vice president - information technology. Nowlin, who has been with FRGI since 2012, is responsible for the company's entire IT structure.
- JMBA agreed to appoint James C Pappas, Managing Member of JCP Investment Management, and Glenn W. Welling, Managing Member and CIO of England Capital LLC, to its Board of Directors, effective immediately.
The SPX (-1.2%) outperformed the XLY (-1.7%) last week.