The Hedgeye Macro Team, led by CEO Keith McCullough and DOR Daryl Jones, will be hosting an expert conference call entitled, "Behavioral Markets: Quantifying the Psychological Drivers of the Global Economy" today, April 8th at 11:00am EDT featuring Dr. Richard Peterson.
- Date: Monday, April 8th at 11:00am EDT
- Toll Free Number:
- Direct Dial Number:
- Conference Code: 141433#
- Materials: CLICK HERE (If you are having trouble downloading the slides please email email@example.com)
Using quantitative analytics of global information news flow and social media, we identify the sentiments and macro themes that drive asset prices. We then discuss the implications of today's trends in equities, currencies, and commodities.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE
- How specific types of information alter the brain's information processing
- Techniques for quantifying sentiment in information flow
- How sentiment predictably impacts prices of equities, currencies, and commodities
- Where instability creates global buying opportunities
- Currency trust and uncertainty - review AUD, CAD, and JPY
- Commodities - current and upcoming environment
- Equities - the relationship between investor anger and future prices
ABOUT RICHARD PETERSON, M.D.
From developing quantitative models to imaging the brains of investors, Dr. Peterson has spent his career at the intersection of mind and the markets. Dr. Peterson is Managing Director of the MarketPsych Group of companies comprising MarketPsych Data (financial sentiment data derived from news and social media), MarketPsych (behavioral economics consulting and training), and MarketPsy Capital (quantitative psychology-based asset management).
In the educational field Dr. Peterson developed popular financial personality tests, published widely in academic journals and textbooks, and is an associate editor of the Journal of Behavioral Finance. His book, "Inside the Investor's Brain" (Wiley, 2007) was called "outstanding" and "a seminal text" on investment psychology by Barrons. That and his second book "MarketPsych" (Wiley, 2010) (with Frank Murtha, PhD) were both named top financial books of the year by Kiplinger's.
Dr. Peterson received cum laude Electrical Engineering (B.S.), Arts (B.A.), and Doctor of Medicine degrees (M.D.) from the University of Texas. He performed postdoctoral neuroeconomics research at Stanford University and is Board-certified in Psychiatry. He lives in the New York City area with his family.