TALES OF THE TAPE
- Subway Says It Will Open 2,000 Stores in North America This Year - Bloomberg
- Some Restaurants Shunning Daily Deal Sites - Restaurant Finance Monitor
- SBUX - Lady Gaga has teamed with coffee giant Starbucks for the release of Born This Way after it was announced that Gaga and Starbucks will offer free downloads of the new Gaga single "Edge of Glory".
- BEEF PRICES - The number of cattle being fattened for beef rose by more than expected last month while meat in cold storage surged, data showed on Friday, as a severe Southern drought forced ranchers to sell stock quickly - Reuters
- KKD - reports Q1 EPS $0.13 vs Reuters $0.09; Company store comps +5.8% vs. +3.4% y/y; Domestic franchise comps +4.6% vs. +2.7% y/y
- CPKI - was a positive outlier on Friday
- PZZA - announced the appointment of W. Kent Taylor to the company’s Board of Directors.
- SBUX - Borders Group Inc plans to end a pact with Seattle’s Best Coffee and to begin operating its own in-store cafes as it restructures and tries to become profitable.