Join Hedgeye's Healthcare team with Health Policy Analyst Emily Evans providing an early read on the implications of the recent Senate version of the ACA repeal for hospitals, mental health, and insurers.
The call will take place on Friday June 23, at 9am ET. Tickers: HCA, CYH, THC, LPNT, MOH, CNC, UNH, KND, ENSG, GEN
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
KEY DISCUSSION POINTS:
- Status quo for Medicaid expansion for three years with three year phase-down of expansion funding
- Short term positive but long term negative for hospitals: HCA, CYH, THC, LPNT; Medicaid Managed Care: MOH, CNC, UNH
- Transforms the Medicaid program from an open-ended entitlement to a per capita or block grant financing system
- Long term negative for hospitals, skilled nursing facilities: KND, ENSG, GEN
- Permits increased flexibility for states to revise their Medicaid programs and reduces administrative burden of Section 1115 waivers by making those permanent under certain circumstances
- Long term positive for MOH, CNC, UNH
- Sends buckets of money to states to create parity between expansion and non-expansion states; stabilize insurance markets and provide funding for innovations
- Short term positive for insurers: ANTM, UNH, HUM, AET
- Brings more oversight to Medicaid program
- Short and long term negative for Medicaid Managed Care Organizations: MOH, CNC, UNH
- Funds Cost Sharing Reduction payments through 2019 but repeals the program beginning in 2020
- Short term positive for insurers: ANTM, UNH, HUM, AET and hospitals: HCA, CYH, THC, LPNT
- Makes available tax credits for people living at 0%-350% of poverty depending on age
- Amends the Medicaid inpatient mental disease (IMD) exclusion to permit inpatient care for 30 days for opioid addiction treatment and up to 90 days a year
- Long term positive for mental health and substance abuse treatment: AAC, AHCH, UHS
Ping email@example.com for more information. Please note if you are not a current subscriber to our Health Policy research there will be a fee associated with this call.
Hedgeye Risk Management is a leading independent provider of real-time investment research. Focused exclusively on generating and delivering investment ideas, the firm combines quantitative, bottom-up and macro analysis with an emphasis on timing.
The Hedgeye team features some of the world's most regarded research analysts - united around a vision of independent, uncompromised real-time investment research as a service.