Several interesting call outs for the industry from Brown Shoe’s 2Q results and conference call.
• Though traffic was down 5.2%, and total comps down 2.9%, athletic comps were +1.3%.
• Nike, New Balance, Reebok and Puma all stand-outs.
• No mention of Skechers.
• Skate doing especially well.
• Fashion and juniors down.
• Will be shifting more inventory to Athletic
• California, Nevada, Arizona and Florida all the most troubling markets. Ironically, Dick’s and/or Sports Authority are adding stores in all of them.