Watch the replay below
Healthcare analyst Tom Tobin and Health Policy analyst Emily Evans review their best stock ideas, major healthcare themes and more. They also take questions from the live viewer audience after their prepared remarks.
CLICK HERE to access the associated slides.
- Employment report: Indicates accelerating demand for health care services
- AMN Healthcare Services (AMN): Long thesis for AMN and Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC), Field Note comments from calls last week with operators
- Davita Inc (DVA): A more compelling short? On Thursday, CMS sent to the White House for review a rule regulating third party payments to insurers on behalf of dialysis patients. According to a recent lawsuit in Florida, DVA contributes approximately $120 million to a third party, the American Kidney Fund, which, in turn, pays commercial insurance premiums for dialysis patients who receive about $400 million in services from DVA. As a result, about 10% of DVA's treatments account for 110-115% of its profit.
- Healthequity Inc (HQY): When 48% of your revenue is derived from yield on custodial assets, a declining interest rate environment in Quad 4 can be a serious headwind
- Health Care Employment Continues to Outperform: The May job report was a lackluster 75,000 increase MoM. However, the health care sector reported a 15,000 of that gain with most of is attributable to the ambulatory sector. Good news for THC and its USPI unit.
- Live Q&A