During the lame-duck session, Congress will have to agree to a stopgap measure to fund roughly a quarter of the government’s operations before the current continuing resolution expires on December 7 – with a government shutdown looming over funding for the border wall. There are a number of other major issues/expiring programs Congress needs to address before the end of the year:
- Part D donut hole fix - Will good policy (and PhaRMA) prevail with a reversal of Feb. 2018 decision to shift more liability to manufacturers?
- CREATES Act - Compromise vehicle for Part D fix?
- Farm Bill/ Food Assistance [SNAP] - Will McConnell get Cannabis language or a punt?
- Tax Extenders + Technical Corrections to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2018
- Employer relief from employer mandate
- Changes to Health Savings Accounts
- Repeal/delay of ACA-era taxes
- Extension of Medicare as secondary payer for dialysis patients.
Please join us for our outlook on these issues and more on Monday, November 19 at 2:00 pm. Click here for link to video link and materials.
Participant Dialing Instructions
Confirmation Number: 13685116