Click HERE to watch this presentation live.
Please join us for a call with Mr. Jason Mulvihill, the General Counsel of the American Investment Council this Monday October 3rd at 1 pm to discuss the topic of carried interest treatment in the private equity industry. Our discussion will cover:
- A review of the current tax treatment of carried interest for investors and alternative asset managers. How did the current tax regime come about and what is the actual flow through to the alternative asset managers.
- Both Trump and Clinton are saber rattling for adjusting the status quo. What do these proposals look like and why is the PE industry a target?
- What is the likelihood of reform and what does the Congressional map look like for the issue should tax reform legislation proceed?
- What is the probability of a change in the current treatment and if quashed, is this issue off the table for the incoming administration?
The American Investment Council (AIC) is an advocacy, communications and resource organization established to advance access to capital, job creation, retirement security, innovation and economic growth by promoting responsible long-term investment. The AIC develops, analyzes and distributes information about the private investment industry and its contributions to the long-term growth of the U.S. and global economy. The AIC’s members are the world’s leading private equity and growth capital firms united by their commitment to growing and strengthening the businesses in which they invest. For further information about the AIC and its members, please visit http://www.investmentcouncil.org.
Jason Mulvihill currently serves as General Counsel for the American Investment Council. As General Counsel, Mulvihill has primary responsibility for legislative and regulatory matters considered by the AIC. He oversees the AIC’s General Counsels’ Committee and the Chief Compliance Officers’ Working Group. Before joining the AIC, Mulvihill served as Legislative Director and Chief Counsel for Senator John Ensign (R-NV). In this capacity, Mulvihill he developed and secured enactment of cancellation of debt income legislation. Mulvihill also helped to prevent changes in the tax treatment of carried interest and publicly traded partnerships. Before working on Capitol Hill, Mulvihill was an Associate at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom in Washington, D.C., practicing antitrust law. Mulvihill graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Georgetown University, and received his law degree from Columbia University Law School.
CALL DETAILS - Monday, October 3rd at 1 pm EST
- Click HERE to watch live
- Toll Free Number:
- Toll Number:
- UK: 0.
- Conference Code: 13646838
- To Automatically add to your Outlook Calendar Click HERE
Related Tickers: BX, KKR, APO, OZM, FIG, OAK, CG.
Please let us know of questions,
Jonathan Casteleyn, CFA, CMT
Patrick Staudt, CFA