Editor's Note: This is a complimentary excerpt from today's Early Look. Click here to subscribe for $1 a day.
Back to what to do this morning:
- After, as they say on the Old Wall, “putting money to work” getting longer of duration in SEP, I say raise some CASH
- I’m going to raise my CASH position in the Hedgeye Asset Allocation Model by 31% this morning (rate of change!)
- Short some cyclicals and industrials in preparation for the #DoubleDipRecession in those sectors
- In Real-Time Alerts I’m re-shorting Wabtec (WAB) and shorting Industrials (XLI) for the 1st time in a long time
- And sell some super long-term bonds (ZROZ) and Gold (GLD) as they tapped the top-end of their range yesterday
I know, going both ways (within the risk range) is quite liberating. It used to be orthodox to “buy low and sell high.” Somewhere amidst the bull though, that discipline has been exchanged for chart chasing. You know, bro - buy high, and hope to sell higher…
I don’t do that.