Our Financials Team will be hosting a call with a top DC policy firm today, April 12th at 2:00PM ET to outline the new Treasury framework and its potential impact on M&A.
- 3rd Cut the Most Impactful? The third iteration of the Treasury's framework on tax inversions released last week seems to have upset the apple cart with already billions of dollars in merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions canceled. The understanding of the specific language and the "before and after" is still superficial however and we will dig into the specifics of the new 200 page parameters.
- What is the fallout? While we will avoid specific deal-by-deal commentary, the new rule sets will have an industrial impact on the M&A advisory group which handles deal flow with a trickle down impact to specific sectors with a highlight on the Healthcare group. We will outline inversion percentages within total M&A activity and also which sectors have been most active.
- Around the Beltway - A DOL Fiduciary Rule Update. In a follow up to our recent call with Bob Litan on the Department of Labor Fiduciary Rules, Jeff Shapiro will also give us the latest on the final details of the DOL Fiduciary Rule and what is new from the prior versions.
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER JEFF SHAPIRO
Jeff Shapiro joined Peck Madigan Jones following six years as Chief of Staff to Rep. Adrian Smith (R-NE), a member of the tax-writing Ways and Means Committee. He brings more than a decade of political and public policy experience to the firm, having previously served on Capitol Hill for Rep. Lee Terry (R-NE), who was a senior member of the Energy and Commerce Committee.
In his time on Capitol Hill, Jeff gained a reputation as a skilled political professional among Members and colleagues on both sides of the aisle. Jeff’s command of the legislative process, operational dynamics and inner workings of congressional offices was recognized by House Leadership, who tasked him with transitioning into office several Members of Congress following special elections.
CALL DETAILS - Tuesday, April 12th at 2:00PM ET
- To Watch Live Click HERE
- Toll Free Number:
- Toll Number:
- UK: 0.
- Conference Code: 13634947
- To Automatically add to your Outlook Calendar Click HERE
Related Tickers: GS, JPM, MS, LAZ, GHL, EVR, MC, PFE, AGN.