Please join us on Thursday, December 3rd at 11:00AM EST, for our Thought Leader call with Rick Berman.
Confirmation Number: 13625958
On the call we will be discussing a number of important topics facing the restaurant industry, from labor issues, to the potential for increased restrictions on alcohol consumption at restaurants. In addition, Rick will talk about the Center for Consumer Freedom and the number of issues they have with Chipotle. The Center for Consumer Freedom has been very critical of Chipotle's advertising message among other issues.
The topics we will discuss on the call will include the following:
- A view “inside the beltway” on minimum wage and the risks facing the restaurant industry?
- Potential new restriction on the sale of alcohol and what can be done to mitigate the impacts increased regulation?
- What Chipotle’s protein “standards” are versus other restaurant companies (beef, pork and chicken).
- A discussion about the use of antibiotics in the food supply and the difference between USA vs International standards.
- Dispelling the myths around antibiotics in meat.
- Did CMG changed its standards around antibiotic in the meat its serves?
- How is CMG’s advertising a form of fear mongering.
- What is the real meaning of cage-free/free range? Does this definition matter?
- How prevalent is non-gmo feed?
Rick Berman Bio
Rick Berman is President of Berman and Company, a Washington, DC-based public affairs firm specializing in research, communications, and creative advertising.
Berman has founded several leading nonprofit organizations known for their fact-based research and their aggressive communications campaigns.
A long-time consumer advocate, Rick champions individual responsibility and common sense policy. He believes that democracies require an informed public on all sides.
Berman was previously employed as Executive Vice President of Public Affairs at the Pillsbury Restaurant Group, where he was responsible for the government relations programs of all restaurant operations. He was also a labor lawyer at the United States Chamber of Commerce, the Dana Corporation, and the Bethlehem Steel Corporation.
Rick Berman has testified on numerous occasions before committees of the various state legislatures, the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives. The Hill, a popular Washington, DC newspaper has named him a “Star Rainmaker” on Capitol Hill. Rick has appeared on all the major broadcast and cable television networks, and has organized national coalitions to address a wide variety of issues.
Here is the link to the center for Consumer Freedom web site - https://www.consumerfreedom.com/
In addition, here is a link to the Chubby Chipotle web site - http://www.chubbychipotle.com/
Please call or e-mail with any questions.