There’s going to be several key areas of focus for Nike in the three weeks between NKE’s print this evening, and it’s Analyst meeting on October 14th. As such, we’ll tackle them prior to the analyst event in a deep dive Black Book and presentation on Monday, October 12th at 1:00pm ET. Key issues include…
1) Global growth algorithm – how will today’s building blocks be different in 1, 3 and 5 years.
2) US Distribution -- how much runway exists for Nike to profitably grow in the US.
3) ASP Cycle -- Where are we, what keeps it going higher, and where’s the downside risk.
4) e-commerce – why Nike sandbagged on its targets, and will sandbag again.
5) GM%: Why a 50%+ Gross Margin is achievable for Nike
6) China: How weakness in the Chinese economy could affect Nike’s growth
7) Athlete Endorsements – we’ll look at returns on athletes, which are largely diminishing
8) Competitive Landscape – especially in the US. Also how customers are becoming competitors
9) Investor Meeting: How this analyst meeting should be different from others.
Call details will be provided one week prior to the call.