We will be hosting a two-part event TODAY at 12pm and 2pm EDT to discuss both the bull and bear cases.
- P: Webcaster IV = Powder Keg (12pm EDT) – Our bearish thesis discussing the implications of the Web IV outcome on P’s business model.
- Speaker Series: David Oxenford, Counsel to Webcasting Companies (2pm EDT) – Fire-Side Chat on the relevant Web IV statutes and the Services' arguments.
KEY TOPICS WILL INCLUDE
P: Webcaster IV = Powder Keg (12pm EDT)
- Challenging Business Model: Limited operational leverage despite operating under lower Pureplay rates
- Pandora vs. SoundExchange: A review of the Web IV proceeding, the key tenets of each of their arguments, and why P is losing the key debate
- Powder Keg: We’ll detail a range of potential outcomes, and the limited wiggle room P has without having to restructure its business model
- Fool's Gold: Why the Copyright Register's decision is not a preliminary victory for P; all it means is that P is just treading water.
Speaker Series: David Oxenford, Counsel to Webcasting Companies regarding CRB proceedings (2pm EDT)
- Introductory Discussion: Explanation of the relevant statutes regarding the Web IV proceeding (including where may be wrong)
- Services vs. SoundExchange: Discussion regarding the Services’ primary arguments in the Web IV proceeding
- Anonymous Q&A: 30-minute session to field your questions
Dialing instructions for both calls are below. Let us know if you have any questions beforehand.
Participating Dialing Instructions
- Toll Free:
- Confirmation Number: 13620143
- Materials: CLICK HERE