athenahealth (athn) best idea update call
We added athenahealth (ATHN) to the Hedgeye Best Idea List as a Long in August 2014. Since then, we have heard push back and praise from investors on both sides of the debate. We've continuously reevaluated our thesis and added depth to our research along the way, and at each turn found ourselves arriving at the same conclusion with more confidence than before. We remain long ATHN and believe the stock will reclaim $200 as our long thesis plays out.
In the presentation, we will review much of the incremental work completed over the last year, challenge the bear case using market share data from SK&A, and evaluate the company's ability to succeed in the inpatient space, which we see as much improved from where they were a year ago. We will also unveil at least one new tracker (with others in development) that will give us visibility into share gain/losses by other vendors on weekly basis and review the results of our EHR/RCM pricing survey.
This call will be held on Thursday, July 23rd at 11:00am ET.
- Company and financial snapshot
- Business model overview
- Regulatory backdrop
- Meaningful Use
- PQRS / ACOs / FQHCs
- Fee for Value
- Practice Management & EHR Market Share Analysis
- Epic, Cerner, eClinicalWorks, Allscripts and more
- Independent vs. Health System
- Share by specialty and size
- How big of a threat are Epic and Cerner?
- Inpatient Opportunity
- Market share analysis
- Pricing and modelling adoption
- Key Drivers
- ATHN Tracker Update… Q2 Doc Add Preview
- NEW tracker introduction
- Results of RCM/EHR Pricing Survey
- Field Notes
- Former CPSI Sales Rep
- Current Healthland Sales Rep
- CEO of RazorInsights Hospital
- Former Sales Manager eClinicalWorks
- Valuation and sentiment
- Risks and timing
Please call or e-mail with any questions.