- According to our sources, bookings have been hot for RCL’s ships in Asia (Mariner, Voyager, Quantum, Explorer, Legend) and likely above management expectations.
- Almost all of the shorter dated itineraries have been completely sold out for the year.
- There are still available cabins for the longer-dated itineraries but they account for only a fraction of RCL’s Asia business.
- Pricing, on the other hand, have been mixed, with the older fleet underperforming Quantum by a wide margin
Takeaway: Asia is the bright spot for RCL and with earnings next Monday, can it lift results?
Hedgeye's Healthcare Sector Head Tom Tobin and Analyst Andrew Freedman hosted a live, free Q&A session earlier this afternoon.
In addition to answering viewer questions live, they touched on:
- ATHN: the new enterprise deal with Trinity and the most recent Tracker results.
- Physician Survey: a slow March and what it means for HOLX and HCA
- Healthcare earnings season preview
Takeaway: Join us for our call Thursday, April 16th at 1:00pm EDT as we run through our Best Ideas (YELP, P, BABA) and touch upon TWTR
We will be hosting a call reviewing the major themes and incremental developments to our Best Idea Short theses on YELP, P, & BABA. The emphasis of this call will be to highlight our view over various durations, as well as the upcoming catalyst calendar; identifying the major risks and catalysts to each position over the near-to-intermediate term. In addition, we will touch upon our Short thesis on TWTR, addressing the same topics
Join us for our call Thursday, April 16th at 1:00pm EDT.
KEY TOPICS WILL INCLUDE
- Review of the major themes and incremental developments to each our Best Ideas Shorts (YELP, P, & BABA)
- Highlighting our view over various durations as well as the upcoming catalyst calendar: Risks & Catalysts to each position over the NTM
- We will also discuss our Short thesis on TWTR, covering the same topics above.
Hesham Shaaban, CFA
real edge in real-time
This indispensable trading tool is based on a risk management signaling process Hedgeye CEO Keith McCullough developed during his years as a hedge fund manager and continues to refine. Nearly every trading day, you’ll receive Keith’s latest signals - buy, sell, short or cover.
Editor's Note: This is an excerpt from Hedgeye research written earlier this morning. Click here for more information on how you can become a subscriber.
Germany is one equity market we want to highlight this morning.
The DAX continues to be in a bullish formation and we remain long term bulls. Exports account for 47% of German GDP, so Mario Draghi’s weak EUR policy is obviously a huge TAILWIND for Germany. In addition, their fundamentals are outperforming peers and are showing positive lift (business & economic confidence; IP, factory orders, etc).
Even as the DAX has had a major run over the past six months, over the past five years, it has dramatically underperformed its U.S. counterparts. On a related note, tomorrow at 11am, our European Analyst Matt Hedrick will be presenting a 50-page deck that outlines that continued case to be long of German equities.
Ping firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
In this Macro Minute, Director of Research Daryl Jones highlights the key points of Hedgeye's bullish thesis on German stocks ahead of our institutional conference call tomorrow at 11:00AM ET (contact email@example.com for access).
The total percentage of successful long and short trading signals since the inception of Real-Time Alerts in August of 2008.
LONG SIGNALS 80.43%
SHORT SIGNALS 78.37%