04/06/15 Monday Mashup
04/09/15 Casual Dining Continues to Cool
04/09/15 MCD: Boom, Like That
Events This Week
Recent News Flow
Monday, April 6
- COSI announced the completion of Hearthstone merger.
- PLKI announced the retirement of board member Victor Arias, Jr.
- BOJA chicken chain Bojangles filed for a $100mm IPO through Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Wells Fargo, and Jefferies.
Tuesday, April 7
- WEN was resumed neutral at Goldman Sachs with a $10.50 PT.
- ZOES appointed Cordia Harrington (CEO of Tennessee Bun Company) and Alex Taylor (former Chairman and CEO of FGX International) to its board of directors. They will take the place of directors William Barnum, Jr. and Anthony Choe (both affiliated with Brentwood Associates) who agreed to resign from the board on April 6.
Thursday, April 9
- SONC announced CFO Stephen C. Vaughan was promoted to the Company’s Executive VP of Franchise Operations, Finance and Planning. Claudia S. San Pedro was promoted to Senior VP, CFO and Treasurer.
The SPX (+1.7%) outperformed the XLY (+1.3%). Casual dining stocks underperformed the XLY, as quick service stocks outperformed.
Casual Dining Restaurants