02/09/15 Monday Mashup: CAKE, PNRA and More
02/12/15 CAKE: A Troubled Concept
02/13/15 Elevating Some Shorts
Events This Week
Tuesday, February 17th
- QSR earnings call 8:30am EST
- PBPB earnings call 5:00pm EST
Wednesday, February 18th
- JACK earnings call 11:30am EST
- DENN earnings call 4:30pm EST
- BJRI earnings call 5:00pm EST
Thursday, February 19th
- DAVE earnings call 8:30am EST
- BLMN earnings call 9:00am EST
- FRGI earnings call 4:30pm EST
- NDLS earnings call 4:30pm EST
Recent News Flow
Monday, February 9th
- BWLD downgraded to hold at Miller Tabak with a $193 PT.
- MCD reported January global comps of -1.8% vs 1.1% consensus estimate.
- WEN announced it is bringing back its North Pacific Cod Sandwich for a limited-time at participating Wendy’s restaurants.
Wednesday, February 11th
- BJRI announced the opening of its newest restaurant in Slidell, Louisiana. The 7,400 square ft. restaurant seats approximately 225 guests.
- DFRG announced the appointment of two new regional managers. Sabrina Scully has been named Dallas Fort Worth Regional Manager and Nick D’Ambrosio has been named the Northeast Regional Manager.
Thursday, February 12th
- CMG announced the preliminary lineup for its Cultivate Festival Series: “Cultivate Phoenix will be held on Saturday, April 18, at West World in Scottsdale; Cultivate Kansas City is on Saturday, July 18, in Penn Valley Park; and Cultivate Minneapolis is on Saturday, August 22, in Loring Park.”
The XLY (+2.7%) outperformed the SPX (+2.0%) last week.
From a quantitative prospective, the XLY remains bullish on an intermediate-term TREND duration.