Here's a quick look at some of the top videos, cartoons, market insights and more from Hedgeye this past week.
Morning Macro Call Replay: If USD Goes Up, Gold Will Go Up
Please enjoy this complimentary look at our Morning Macro Call, a daily conference call for institutional investors. On Thursday’s Morning Macro Call, Hedgeye CEO Keith McCullough explains why inverse correlations matter, talks about the recent moves in oil, and debates Macro Analyst Darius Dale about which moving average is best.
Keith's Macro Notebook 2/3: USD | Oil | Europe
Hedgeye CEO Keith McCullough shares the top three things in his macro notebook Tuesday morning.
Investors aren't exactly digging the fourth quarter earnings season, which has been a disappointment so far.
GROUNDHOG DAY FOR THE FED
Expect more of the same from the world’s unelected central planners including America’s own Fed chief Janet Yellen.
PATIENCE + TIME (U.S. DOLLAR CORRELATIONS)
This is a brief excerpt from Thursday's Morning Newsletter written by Hedgeye CEO Keith McCullough.
To review this most recent 3-day counter-TREND move in macro markets:
- It’s all about the Dollar
- Reversing an epic 6 month #StrongDollar move started with a bad US GDP print on Friday
- Down Dollar’s counter-TREND move picked up momentum when the ISM # slowed on Monday
- By Tuesday, the EUR/USD was headed to the top-end of its $1.11-1.14 risk range
- USD had one of its biggest DOWN days in a year (yesterday)
- CRB Index had one of its biggest UP days in a year, closing +3.2%
poll of the day
HOW LOW CAN IT GO? (10-Year Treasury Yield Edition)
We wanted to know what you think? Will the 10-year U.S. Treasury go below 1.50% this year? Cast your vote and let us know!