01/26/15 Monday Mashup: EAT, SONC and More
01/27/15 Shorting the White Space Opportunity
01/29/15 MCD: A New Beginning
01/29/15 EAT: Tough Crowd
Events This Week
Tuesday, February 3rd
- WEN earnings call 8:30am EST
- CMG earnings call 4:30pm EST
Wednesday, February 4th
- GMCR earnings call 5:00pm EST
Thursday, February 5th
- DNKN earnings call 8:00am EST
- YUM earnings call 9:15am EST
- BWLD earnings call 5:00pm EST
Chart of the Day
Recent News Flow
Monday, January 26th
- WEN introduced its newest LTO, the new Bacon and Blue on Brioche, which features “a blue cheese herb aioli topped with spring mix and three strips of freshly cooked, thick-cut, Applewood Smoked Bacon, all served on a toasted brioche bun.”
- RRGB announced it is two weeks away from opening its newest restaurant in New Jersey.
- DNKN announced the completion of its refinancing efforts by replacing the company’s old $1.9 billion senior secured credit facility with a $2.6 billion securitized debt facility.
Tuesday, January 27th
- BLMN announced the completion of its sale of Roy’s to United Ohana, LLC.
Wednesday, January 28th
- QSR Tim Hortons confirmed it is laying off an unspecified number of employees, now rumored to be close to 350.
- PZZA declared a quarterly dividend of $0.14 per common share, payable February 20, 2015 to shareholders of record on February 9, 2015.
- BWLD announced the opening of its first restaurant in the Philippines.
- LOCO El Pollo Loco celebrated the opening of its newest restaurant in Katy, TX. The restaurant is 2,900 square ft. and has seating for 70 guests.
- MCD President and CEO Don Thompson announced his retirement, effective March 1st. The board elected Senior Executive VP and Chief Brand Officer, Steve Easterbrook, to replace Thompson as President and CEO.
Thursday, January 29th
- SONC declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.09 per common share, payable February 20, 2015 to shareholders of record on February 11, 2015.
- PLKI appointed S. Kirk Kinsell to its Board of Directors. Mr. Kinsell has devoted more than 35 years to the hospitality industry and was recently named Chief Executive Officer of Loews Hotels & Resorts.
From a quantitative perspective, the XLY remains bullish on an intermediate-term TREND duration.
Casual Dining Restaurants
Quick Service Restaurants