Editor's note: This is a brief excerpt from today's Morning Newsletter written by Hedgeye CEO Keith McCullough.
I play for the team that likes the Long Bond more than the Dow in 2015 – here’s the breakdown of the YTD score:
1. Dow Jones Industrial Index down -2.9% last week to finish JAN -3.7%
2. SP500 down -2.8% last week to close JAN down -3.1%
3. S&P Financials (XLF) down another -3.2% last wk to finish JAN -7.1% (worst S&P Sector)
4. S&P Utilities (XLU) -1.7% wk-over-wk to close JAN up +2.3% (best S&P Sector)
5. Long-term Treasuries (TLT) +10% YTD (pre interest payment) #timestamped