We will be hosting a call titled KSS Short: Why JCP is the Risk (And Opportunity) on Tuesday, May 13th at 1:00pm ET to discuss our current short thesis on KSS. We will detail some of the underappreciated dynamics that currently exist between Kohl's and JCP.
HIGHLIGHTS WILL INCLUDE:
A) Results of our latest consumer survey on department stores
B) Explore incremental trends in e-commerce
C) A deep dive into each company's real estate profile examining where the greatest risk/opportunity exists for store closure and subsequent share shifts
SPECIFIC TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- One of the biggest risks to being short KSS is JCP shuttering a third of its stores
- What is the typical market for a JCP store closure (based on historical precedents)?
- How many more of those markets exist?
- What does KSS overlap look like in these markets?
- What is the revenue opportunity for KSS?
- Consumer Survey updates on the rate at which sales are coming back to JCP, and which retailers are winning/losing
- Visitation trends at each department store and how they are changing sequentially
- Analysis of recent e-commerce traffic on an absolute level for KSS and JCP, but also relative to competitors like M, JWN, DDS, TGT, SHLD and others
- Why we think that dot.com is a risk for KSS on a longer term basis
- Toll Free Number:
- Direct Dial Number:
- Conference Code: 294741#
- Materials: CLICK HERE