We will be releasing our new BLACKBOOK and hosting a call detailing our latest work on Lululemon (LULU) today at 11:00am ET.
We turned bearish on LULU in the Fall and conducted a consumer survey on key issues impacting demand in December. The results flashed major warning signals. So we pressed our short the week before the company preannounced and guided down.
We are currently re-running our survey to reassess the health of the brand from the consumers' vantage point. We will be asking many of the same questions that we did a quarter ago, which will allow us to look at the incremental change over the past few months. Rate of change matters to us more than anything with this name. The company is set to report earnings three days later on Thursday March 27th.
We'll explore in detail the following topics:
- Does LULU need to begin a more aggressive discounting strategy?
- New brands are encroaching on LULU's turf, is that rate slowing or accelerating?
- What is LULU's perceived price/value equation relative to other brandsand how is that changing?
- Growth in points of distribution for Yoga product - a key competitive threat for LULU.
- Insight into our store overlap analysis between Athleta and Lululemon
- UnderArmour scored so close to Nike in our last survey - which was a big surprise. Nike has been fighting back. Is it working?
- Is the 'I hate LULU Management!' factor (present in 58% of people responding last time) - still as severe? Any improvement?
- Toll Free Number:
- Direct Dial Number:
- Conference Code: 154675#
- Materials: CLICK HERE