Editor's note: This is a brief excerpt from Hedgeye CEO Keith McCullough's Morning Newsletter. Click here to learn more about how you can become a subscriber. To subscribe to Daily Trading Ranges click here.
Since my kids are giving me an opportunity to laugh and smile this morning, I’ll keep the rest of my Christmas Eve note to just levels. It’s Daddy’s day off, allegedly.
Most of these intermediate-term bullish and bearish TRENDs aren’t new as of this morning. With sporadic ramps in fear, they’ve been trending for the better part of a year now. What a year it’s been.
Top 10 Bullish TRENDS @Hedgeye (and their immediate-term TRADE risk ranges)
1. UST 10yr Yield 2.88-2.95% (bullish)
2. SP500 1796-1835 (bullish)
3. Nasdaq 4047-4158 (bullish)
4. Germany’s DAX 9197-9533 (bullish)
5. UK’s FTSE 6539-6719 (bullish)
6. Japan’s Nikkei 15503-15989 (bullish)
7. British Pound 1.62-1.64 (bullish)
8. Euro (EUR/USD) 1.36-1.38 (bullish)
9. Brent Oil 109.89-112.12 (bullish)
10. Natural Gas 4.36-4.51 (bullish)
Top 10 Bearish TRENDS @Hedgeye (and their immediate-term TRADE risk ranges)
1. BOND (PIMCO Total Return Fund) 104.31-105.32 (bearish)
2. Long-term Treasuries (TLT) 102.08-104.77 (bearish)
3. Short-term Treasuries (SHY) 84.09-84.57 (bearish)
4. Emerging Markets (MSCI EM Index) 977-1009 (bearish)
5. Brazil’s Bovespa 49,308-52,172 (bearish)
6. US Equity Volatility (VIX) 12.56-14.91 (bearish)
7. Gold 1179-1221 (bearish)
8. Silver 19.01-19.97 (bearish)
9. Wheat 5.89-6.38 (bearish)
10. Japanese Yen (vs USD) 102.48-104.92
From our family and firm to yours, we’d like to thank you for your business and wish you both a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday season.
Click here to join the Hedgeye Revolution.