Continuing our work and research on Kinder Morgan, midstream MLPs, pipeline safety, and FERC rates and regulations, we will host an expert call on October 8th at 11am EST with Elisabeth Meyers.
Elisabeth Meyers is the founding principal of Myers Energy International. An energy lawyer with twenty years of experience, she specializes in the regulation of oil and natural gas pipelines and represents companies before federal and state regulatory agencies with respect to rate and regulatory issues. She has litigated before the FERC, the California Public Utilities Commission, the U.S. Courts of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court. She advises on pipeline safety compliance issues under the U.S. Department of Transportation's Pipeline and Hazardous Materials and Safety Administration regulations. Her clients have included major oil companies; a state regulatory commission; a producer trade association in rulemakings restructuring the natural gas industry; oil refineries; farmers in the mid-west seeking interconnects with interstate pipelines; independent producers and marketers of oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids with respect to various regulatory and related transactional issues; municipalities and municipal gas distribution systems, and chemical manufacturers.
Ms. Meyers also has extensive knowledge of Kinder Morgan, as she litigated against SFPP in ground-breaking rate cases before the CPUC and FERC in the mid 2000s.
A FEW TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION WILL INCLUDE:
- What’s the current state of pipeline regulation in the US? How does the regulation of oil/product lines differ from natural gas?
- History of pipeline regulation… Where have we come from and where might we be going?
- Pipeline safety and compliance… Are companies spending enough on maintaining their pipelines? Are they spending too much just to increase the rate bases (“gold-plating”)? Is a certain level of spend mandated or regulated?
- The growing prevalence of MLPs… What’s it mean for US energy infrastructure, consumers, and investors?
- MLPs, income taxes, and regulated rates… Are MLPs “tax-advantaged” securities? Why does the FERC permit an income tax allowance for MLPs?
- And more...
- Toll Free Number:
- Direct Dial Number:
- Conference Code: 616394#
- There will be no slides associated with this call