The Hedgeye Industrials Team, led by Jay Van Sciver, will be presenting an expert call titled "Defense Contract Accounting: Pro-cyclical?" with Scott Thompson, U.S. Head of PWC's Aerospace & Defense (A&D) practice. The call will be held on TODAY at 11:00am EDT.
Examine the impact of declines in defense spending on contract accounting and discuss the relevance of new EAC disclosures.
Materials: CLICK HERE
KEYS TOPICS WILL INCLUDE
- EACs: Estimates at Completion background, disclosure and SEC interest
- Pro-Cyclical Aspects of EACs: To what degree are EACs pro-cyclical and what should investors look for in a spending downturn
- Pensions: Relevance, background and trends in FAS vs. CAS
- Segment Changes: Relevance with respect to impairment charges
- Other Areas of Flexibility/Interest: While contract accounting is a major factor, what else matters
LMT, GD, RTN, NOC, LLL, FLIR, HII, ATK, XLS, CACI, BAH and ACN
ABOUT SCOTT THOMPSON
Scott Thompson is the US A&D practice and Assurance leader. He leads a cross-functional team of professionals dedicated to the A&D sector in disciplines of audit, tax and advisory and has responsibility for assurance quality and service to A&D clients. For more information about Scott please CLICK HERE.