- Date: Thursday, May 23rd at 11:00am EDT
- Toll Free Number:
- Direct Dial Number:
- Conference Code: 478237#
- Materials: CLICK HERE
We will be hosting an expert call featuring Jim Rickards, renowned author of Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crisis, today at 11:00am EDT titled Are We Entering Into a New Phase of the Currency War? Hedgeye hosted a call with Rickards on August 29, 2012 where he discussed the following:
- Philosophical views on the Chaos Theory
- Obama's U.S. Dollar policy
- Acceleration of the money velocity may be the key catalyst that leads to a tipping point in inflation
- Contrarian view of the EUR/USD
- The four horsemen of the USD apocalypse vs the upside in gold
This time around, Jim will update us on those views and provide his thoughts on the following topics:
- The sustainability of USD strength
- The bear market in Gold
- Japanese monetary policy and the JPY
- Where the EUR goes from here
- The sustainability of emerging market and commodity currency weakness
- If the global monetary regime is poised to be shaken up
To gain a better understanding of the global capital markets and their geopolitical drivers and what investment implications this will have looking forward.
JAMES RICHARDS OVERVIEW
James G. Rickards is Senior Managing Director at Tangent Capital Partners LLC, a merchant bank based in New York City, and is Senior Managing Director for Market Intelligence at Omnis, Inc. Mr. Rickards is a seasoned counselor, investment banker and risk manager with over thirty years experience in capital markets.
Mr. Rickards' previously held senior executive positions at sell side firms (Citibank and RBS Greenwich Capital Markets) and buy side firms (Long-Term Capital Management and Caxton Associates) as well as technology firms (OptiMark). Mr. Rickards has applied his financial expertise to a variety of tasks for the benefit of the U.S. national security community and the Department of Defense. He is the author of Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crisis.