Regional gaming is primarily slots and slot players are dwindling
- Almost all US casino operators have acknowledged seeing a decline in admissions. But as the chart below shows, this phenonemom isn't just limited to a couple of quarters.
- The mature regional gambling markets haven't seen a +2% YoY growth in admissions since Q3 2007
- Q1 2013 admissions tumbled 7.4% YoY.
- The long-term decline in admissions occured despite numerous new casino openings in those markets i.e. Grand Falls (IA), River City (MO), Rivers (IL), Cape Girardeau (MO), and L'Auberge Baton Rouge (LA)
- The opening of Ohio and the expansion of Kansas may have played a role; however, bad demographics is the main culprit in our opinion. Generations below Baby Boomers just aren't interested in slots.