The Macau Metro Monitor, February 1, 2013
ONLY 250 NEW TABLES TO BE APPROVED IN 2013: GOVT Macau Business
Secretary Tam said the government would only approve a total of 250 new live gaming tables this year. Of those, 200 have already been granted to Sands China. The remaining 50 will be allocated to Galaxy, said Tam.
“When the first phase of Galaxy Macau was completed, the government allotted a total of 450 gaming tables to the company; 400 tables were approved when it was opened and 50 more gaming tables are to be approved,” he said. Tam stressed the government would not be approving any new gaming tables to existing casinos from other gaming operators. SJM executive director Angela Leong On Kei had said last month that the gaming operator would apply for more tables.
Meanwhile, officials are to focus now on the table allocation for the upcoming projects in Cotai, Tam said. He reaffirmed that the investment in non-gaming facilities would be taken into account by the government. At least six new casino resorts will be built there in the coming years, one per gaming operator. In 2013, with the announced addition of 250 new gaming tables, the annual increase rate in the number of tables will be 4.6%. At the end of last year, Macau had 5,485 tables.
JANUARY GGR DICJ
Macau Gross Gaming Revenues rose 7.3% YoY to 26.864 MOP (26.08 HKD, 3.36 USD) billion.
RESORT WORLD SENTOSA'S CASINO LICENSE RENEWED FOR 3 MORE YEARS Strait Times
RWS's casino licence has been renewed for another three years. The Casino Regulatory Authority of Singapore (CRA) said RWS's new licence will come into effect from Feb 6.
A CRA spokesman said that RWS' compliance record was one of many factors considered with assessing the licence application. She added, "In renewing RWS' casino licence, CRA has imposed additional requirements on RWS to put in place more robust structures and processes aimed at strengthening its overall compliance of our laws and regulations." Just last month, RWS was penalised $100,000 for breaches of the casino regulations.