Please CLICK HERE to access the materials for this call and dial in 5-10 minutes prior to the 1:00pm EST start time using the number provided below. If you have any further questions email .
- Toll Free Number:
- Direct Dial Number:
- Conference Code: 939528#
The Hedgeye Healthcare Team, led by Tom Tobin, will be hosting an expert conference call today, at 1:00pm EST featuring industry expert Ken Burdick, former Senior Executive of United HealthGroup and Chief Executive Officer and President of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota.
The call will analyze the impact of the Affordable Care Act across the healthcare industry, addressing the opportunities and risks associated with the implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Ken Burdick has more than 25 years of experience in managed healthcare and his insight to the implementation of this act will be extremely insightful and constructive in managing risk across the managed care names.
KEY TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Will employers drop coverage? Penalties? Taxes?
- Insurers versus exchanges
- Consolidation among providers and payers
ABOUT KEN BURDICK:
- Served as SVP of Medicaid Business at Coventry Health Care Inc. and managed its Medicaid and Behavioral Health (MHNet) businesses
- Served as President and CEO of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
- October 1995 to May 2009 employed by UnitedHealth Group
- May 2008 to May 2009, served as the CEO of Secure Horizons, a Medicare business
- November 2006 to May 2008, served as the CEO of United Healthcare's Commercial Business
- April 2004 to November 2006, served as CEO of United Healthcare's Southwest Region and President of United Healthcare Public Sector
- January 2000 to April 2004, served as the CEO of United Healthcare of Arizona
- Prior to 2000, served as the head of the national underwriting organization for all lines of business and the general manager of the central Texas operation
- Served as the CEO and President of United HealthCare Services, Inc.
- Director of United Biologics, LLC since October 2012
- Serves as a Director of A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
- Serves on the Board of Directors for Preferred Homecare and PASR, a non-profit Board advancing school readiness throughout Minnesota
- Earned his bachelor's degree from Amherst College and a law degree from University of Connecticut School of Law