Today at 1:00pm EST the Hedgeye Macro Team and Healthcare Team will be hosting a View From the Battleground States Expert Call.
Materials: View From the Battleground States
Please dial in 5-10 minutes prior to the 1:00pm EST start time using the number provided below:
- Toll Free Number:
- Direct Dial Number:
- Conference Code: 496674#
"Based on our forecasting model, it becomes clear that the president is in electoral trouble"
Professor Kenneth Bickers of the University of Colorado will be featured on the call. Bickers and his colleague, Michael Berry, have created an economic forecasting model that has accurately predicted the outcome of the last eight presidential elections.
Topics will include:
- Electoral College vote set-up, impact and the importance of swing states
- Discuss Forecasting Model Factors: including state and national unemployment figures and changes in real per capita income
- Factors that will make this election different
- Voter expectations and turn out
- Economic impacts following the election (healthcare, fiscal cliff)
- Joined faculty at CU Boulder in 2003
- Received his Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and his BA from TCU in Fort Worth
- Published articles in numerous journals, including the American Journal of Political Science, Journal of Politics, Public Choice, Administration and Society, and the Journal of Conflict Resolution
- Current research includes;
- The consequences of devolution of federal policy activities to states and local communities
- Local Government Elections Project, an ongoing investigation of the recruitment and campaigns of local office holders who populate local and state offices
- Exploration of the relationship between residential mobility and local politics