TALES OF THE TAPE: SBUX, WEN, TAST, CMG, SONC, TXRH, RRGB
Notable news items and price action from the past twenty-fours along with our fundamental view on select names.
- In the QSR space the notable call-outs were WEN, TAST and SBUX all down more than 1% on accelerating volume
- In the FSR space the notable outperformers were RRGB, CPKI and TXRH; all up on accelerating volume
- Sonic plans to simplify its crowded food-and-drink lineup when it introduces new menu boards on May 26. But gaining breathing room comes at the cost of removing 18 slower-selling items. In the short run SSS will suffer.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc's (CMG.N) legal costs are starting to rise as the result of a federal probe into its hiring practices - CFO
- MIDD, THI and COSI report EPS today