Notable news items from the past few days and price action from yesterday.
- MCD's Amit Jatia of McDonald’s India describes how the company adjusted the menu and the marketing strategy for expansion in the country. Full story on nrn.com
- MCD independent franchise operator, Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc., is seeking to sell shares at almost twice the valuation of the parent at 28x EPS. A Brazil bubble?
- Burger King has unveiled the Meat Monster – a modified Whopper that includes a chicken breast and bacon; the Meat Monster is only available in Japan. The American versions of the ingredients, would have 1,160 calories, 24 grams of saturated fat, 240 milligrams of cholesterol, 13 grams of sugar, 54 grams of carbohydrates, 69 grams of fat, 1.5 grams of trans fat and 2,290 milligrams sodium.
- DIN's largest concept, Applebee's, said Monday it was immediately retraining its workers nationwide after a server at a suburban Detroit location accidentally served alcohol to a toddler.
- EAT appoints three new board members: Dave Dino (former CFO of YUM brands), Jon Luther (Chairman Dunkin Brands) and Michael Dixon (former CFO of CAKE).
- RT continued to suffer from the fallout of its disappointing quarter yesterday with EAT, BWLD TXRH and DIN all down on accelerating volume.
- WEN declined accelerating volume for the 2nd day in a row.