Notable news items/price action over the last twenty-four hours.
- SBUX is touted in an Appl e advertisement for the iPhone. The commercial shows the smartphone being waved, with the Starbucks app open, in front of a barcode reader.
- BNHNA could be negatively impacted by increasing fish prices as Bloomberg reports that sushi restaurants are dropping Japanese fresh food from their menus as a radiation plume released by a damaged nuclear plant in the country heightens fears over possible radioactive contamination. BNHNA owns RA Sushi and Haru.
- CMG is facing the ire of dozens of Latino workers in the D.C. area after they say they were abruptly fired by Chipotle. Councilmen in D.C. have been contacted by the workers seeking to air their grievances. CMG has responded by stating that the firings were as a result of immigration status.
- JACK has become the latest national restaurant to roll out its own mobile catering truck.
- THI, DPZ, and YUM gained yesterday on strong volume.
- CPKI traded well, gaining 1.5% on accelerating volume. The stock was recently upgraded by Buckingham Research, citing the stock’s “attractive” valuation.
- MRT and BJRI declined on accelerating volume.