Notable news items and price action over the past twenty-four hours.
- MRT said this morning that it may sell the company as part of an effort to enhance shareholder value. The two largest shareholders of the company, affiliates of Castle Harlan, Inc., and Laurel Crown Partners LLC, authorized the move.
- PEET shares gained post-market on a story from DealReporter stating that the company has seen takeover interest including from SBUX. As we wrote in our 2/15 note, “PEET – WHY SBUX SHOULD BUY PEET”, we believe such a transaction would make sense for Starbucks.
- SBUX said 100 stores in Japan were closed
- CPKI was raised to Buy from Neutral at Buckingham Research.
- CPKI gained 4.5% on accelerating volume.
- CBRL was raised to Buy from Hold at Standpoint Research.
- CBRL gained 1.2% yesterday, also on accelerating volume.
- JACK, THI, and KKD all declined on accelerating volume.