The Macau Metro Monitor, March 7, 2011
MAINLAND TO DEEPEN ECONOMIC COOPERATION WITH HK AND MACAU OVER NEXT 5 YEARS Macau Daily News
Key cooperation projects that were outlined in the 12th China Five-year Plan for National Economic and Social Development include:
- Zhuhai Hengqin New Area Development Zone
- Has an area of 106.46 sq kilometers; helps to explore new cooperation model between Guangdong and Hong Kong and Macau.
- Guangzhou Nansha New Area Development Zone
- To develop into a business, technology innovation and education center for Mainland and Hong Kong and Macau.
- Hong Kong‐Zhuhai‐Macau Bridge
- Construction of the bridge was kicked off in December 2009 and due to complete by 2016.
- Guangzhou‐Shenzhen‐Hong Kong Express Rail Link
- Also known as Guangshengang XRL, operational in phases between 2011 to 2016
- It will also be connected with the Wuguang High‐speed Railway and the Hangzhou‐Fuzhou‐Shenzhen Express Rail Link.
- Hong Kong‐Shenzhen Western Express Line
- Between Hong Kong International Airport and Shenzhen Baoan International Airport; Hong Kong third direct cross‐boundary railway.
- Liantang/Heung Yuen Wai Boundary Checkpoint
- Will serve as a quick link between Hong Kong and South China's Guangdong province.
- To connect the Eastern neighborhood of Shenzhen. The checkpoint will offer an efficient access to the eastern part of Guangdong Province and adjacent provinces via the Shenzhen‐Huizhou and Shenzhen‐Shantou expressways, cutting the journey time between Hong Kong and Shenzhen city, the eastern part of Guangdong, Fujian and Jiangxi provinces.
BIG FOUR BANKS MAINTAIN LOAN TARGET DESPITE INFLATIONARY FEARS SCMP
According to sources, Mainland China's four largest banks (ICBC, BoC, CCB, and ABC) expect to issue loans totaling nearly three trillion yuan (HK$3.55 trillion) this year - almost unchanged from last year's 3.1 trillion. Typically, loans by the top four lenders account for 35 to 40% of the national total, which would suggest loans of at least 7.5 trillion yuan for 2011.