News items and notable price moves over the last twenty-four hours
- MCD added to the US focus list at Credit Suisse Rating is outperform - target is $87.
- MCD McDonald's upgraded to outperform from sector perform at RBC Capital
- SBUX is taking its mobile payments plan nationwide. The company started testing mobile payments in September 2009 and now it is expanding the program to 6,800 stores across the country and soon onto other devices.
- SBUX rolled out new beverage size. The “Trenta” size will contain 31 ounces and cost about 50 cents more than the 20-ounce Venti size, according to Starbucks.
- SBUX employees at the Astor Place store in NYC have announced that they have formed a union. The disgruntled employees cited a need to stand up for themselves as, “Starbucks will not act in our best interests”.
- YUM to sell Long John Silver's and A&W restaurants
- BAGL was raised to "Buy" from "Hold" at Stifel Nicolaus - target is $18.00 per share
- Despite disappointing casual dining numbers from Malcolm Knapp, casual dining companies traded declined modestly yesterday.