Some news items and notable price moves in the past 24 hours:
- CAKE performed strongly on yesterday’s upgrade.
- TXRH had positive commentary at the ICR conference, announcing plans to open 20 new restaurants in 2011.
- CMG outperformed on accelerating volume also following an upgrade by Miller Tabak and CEO Steve Ells presented at the ICR conference.
- BWLD outperformed casual dining on accelerating volume. Canada-based Wild Wing Restaurants Inc. has filed suit against BWLD as they attempt to stop the company using its name in Canada. BWLD plans to open 50 to 70 new locations in Canada over the next five years.
- KKD CEO stated that rising commodity prices are the biggest “external challenge” to his company, in an interview Thursday with CNBC. He also said that he has a plan to offset them.