News items and price action from Friday’s trading. Between the Cowan conference and ICR the news flow for the balance of the week should pick up significantly.
- GMCR rounded out a strong week by outperforming its QSR peers on accelerating volume Friday, gaining 3.7%.
- SBUX also gained on accelerating volume, ending the session up 2.6%.
- COSI again gained on accelerating volume, its shares rose 3.4% to finish the week up 29.4%. I continue to like this stock and believe improvement in the company’s fundamentals remains
- WEN - converting an Arby’s to a Wendy’s in PA - last Friday WEN declined on accelerating volume.
- MCD gained slightly on Friday to round out a poor week’s trading during which its shares declined 3.1%.
- RUTH outperformed on Friday, gaining 4.5% on strong volume. This morning, the company announced preliminary 4Q10 sales results.
- RRGB shares increased 4.2% on accelerating volume on the back of news that activist shareholders are pushing for the company to go private
- EAT continues to perform strongly, gaining 1.2% on Friday on strong volume.
- AFCE raised its forecast for the current fiscal year.